cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jje
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Broadband Moniter adds on more usage after the event .

I check my BB moniter on BT frequently and have found that i get usage added on after the moniter has reported a days usage .

That is  checked yesterday   Last Usage Update  16.06.2015 at 23:59  used 12.93 gb .

Today Last Usage Update 16.06.2015 at 23:59  used 13.91 gb .

Where is this supposed extra usage coming from after the moniter has updated .

BT FOn  usage ???.

I try and keep within my cap but fell for a FUP payment last month due to above extra data and the fact that BT failed to inform me i was getting near my cap until after the end of the month .

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
A1944
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband Moniter adds on more usage after the event .

Though it is odd, it is quite common for the monitor to update the usage figures some time before the date, so what you are looking at is probably actually the figure for 17.06.2015 at 23:59 and later on the date will change but the usage figure will not.

BT Fon/BT WiFi usage should not affect your usage figures.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

I find it bizarre in the extreme that a usage monitor can be up to 24hrs in arrears, about as much use as an ash tray on a motorbike!

0 Ratings
A1944
Expert
Message 4 of 6

@licquorice wrote:

I find it bizarre in the extreme that a usage monitor can be up to 24hrs in arrears, about as much use as an ash tray on a motorbike!

Unless you are running right at the limits of your usage (not a good idea), it is a very good indicator of general trends.

0 Ratings
jje
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I am actually talking about after the date not before the date .

That is looked at usage for 16-6-15 on the 17th and it said used 12.93 gb . Looked again on the 18th and it was still showing for the 16th but had now jumped to 13.91 gb .

Well it might be a good overall usage indicator but if you are with say 5gb of your cap with 3 days left to go its of little use as it will be up to 2 days out of sync with actual usage and if its adding on extra gb after closing the moniter and BT are not sending the you are near your usage reminders until the next month its a question of stop using or live in hope .

I have been with many bad ISPs over the years but this is the worst usage moniter of them all .

0 Ratings
A1944
Expert
Message 6 of 6

@jje wrote:

I am actually talking about after the date not before the date .

That is looked at usage for 16-6-15 on the 17th and it said used 12.93 gb . Looked again on the 18th and it was still showing for the 16th but had now jumped to 13.91 gb .

It will often show the correct usage figure for 2359 last night, but still show the date for the previous day.  If you have a look now, you will probably find that it is now saying 17-6-15 2359 but the usage figure is still 13.91.  Not ideal, but once you are used to it, it is better than nothing. 

I keep an Excel spreadsheet of my daily readings, so I can easily tell whether the usage figure has updated or not, regardless of what the date says.

0 Ratings