cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snowy5873
Message 1 of 3

Broadband Slowed Down

Download speedachieved during the test was - 313 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-500 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :5024 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 350 Kbps

These Are My Results Of A Recent Speed Test, But All Of A Sudden My Speed Has Slowed Down.

Used To Be Able To Download Something In About 10 Mins Now It's Over A Hour.

Can't Watch BBC IPlayer Without It Stopping And Starting, It's Like Going Back To Dial Up.

I Rung The Call Centre Bit Of A Waste Of Time.

Surely In 2011 Broadband Should Be Faster Than This.

Thanking You For Any Help.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
raymie67
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband Slowed Down

You connect is around 5 meg but the IP profile is 350kbs this indiates that you previously has a very low sync, could be a one off issue (lightning for example) or could indicate a line issue.

Your I profile will either reset within 12 hours of the last good connection or within 3 days depending on what method your echange currently uses.

If you look at your router admin pages and then the adsl stats it should tell you how long you have been connected for this time which may help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband Slowed Down

have you been having connection problems or have you been trying a few resets in the hope the speed would return?

the worst thing for your connection is numerous resets/disconnections

if connections seems ok now and not disconnecting that just stay connected 24/7 and profile will return to normal

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings