Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cal_Ife
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Broadband Speed Extremely Slow

Hi,

We live a fair way from the exchange so don't expect a fast connection but over the last few months it's been 0.32 mg all the time, sometimes it's even slower in the evening as at high usage times. The worst I logged was 0.04 mg

During the last couple of days it's gone up to 1.22 mg which is better but still not as good as it used to be when we first moved here. I spoke to a BT engineer in the area and he said it should be at least 3mg for our area.

Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband Speed Extremely Slow

welcome to the forum

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester (MAC users may have problems) http://speedtester.bt.com or http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9354/c/346,4740,5520 and post the results .

are you connected directly to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

already done

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

better 2 of us Nils than noneSmiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Cal_Ife
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Here are my results

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1124 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 800-2000 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :1440 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 1269 Kbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 331 Kbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 448 Kbps

We have 2 phone sockets and I have done the quiet line test which is fine

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

need the adsl stats form your router.

are you connected to the master or the test socket?

0 Ratings