Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Broadband Speed In West Kensington // Upload Speed

Go to solution

hello there

my name is gabrio, i live in fairholme road in west kensington... i wanted to ask how is the performance with BT broadband 20mbit in this area since i am thinking to request my own line given that at the moment in the flat where i live they have a shared connection which is really **bleep** especially in the evenngs so i want my own.

i read on forums that upload speed is just 448kbit which is a bit of ridiculous to me and i don't think we can get infinity yet in this area so that's what i would expect...

can somebody give me an idea about performance of BT? we should be on the Fulham Exchange if i am not wrong. i see the street cabinets from my window, apartment is pretty new so i think cables are in decent good condition.

many thanks

gabrio

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband Speed In West Kensington // Upload Speed

Go to solution

according to this site http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search your exchange has been upgraded to 21CN and therefore any phone line should be able to get up to 20mb.. however this is dependant on the distnace you are from the exchange and also the quality of your line.

with 21CN you can get an upload of about 1mb and not the adsl figure of 448kb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband Speed In West Kensington // Upload Speed

Go to solution

that's some interesting news that i was not aware of. 1mbit upload would be nice and i would be happy, that's the same i get in italy for a adsl2 package for the 20mbit in fact (where no fiber, same drill)....then i guess it's the classic "trivia" about the profile they load to you... it took me forever to have a higher upload profile that would connect at 1116 kbit in italy lol eheh

cheers

gab

0 Ratings