cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samartin
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Broadband Speed and Poor Customer Service

First of all, if I'd known BT had overseas call centres I would never have chosen them as my ISP. With a regional accent it can be difficult enough to make myself understood to someone in the south of England - but India, with a bad line and constant dropouts - no chance.

BT started well, kit seemed good and it all worked out of the box. Speeds were great - at the top end of the range I'd been expecting. Then then problems started. I knew that speeds could fluctuate over the first 10 days but mine dropped and kept on going right down to 500k.

I rang the help line and went thru the usual stuff which I'd already tried but the speeds were so poor I couldn't even load the test page they directed me to.

Anyway and Engineer would call between 1 and 6 the following week so I was patient.

I took a day off work and waited.... after 6 passed I rang India again (25 mins to get thru) and waited again while they contacted the Eng Dept. A shortage of Eng was the excuse - would they have contacted me if I'd hadn't rang - I doubt it. 

So as a special favour to me they could get another Eng 2 days later. I declined and asked for a MAC code. Queue another wait while the call wnet back to the UK who could give me a MAC code but it would cost me £52 to cancel. Who could defer this? India of course - 20 min later it turns out they couldn't as that had to be signed off by the Eng Debt. After 1 hour on the phone I gave up.

Why did I leave O2 - because I'm an idiot! I found this forum while searching for the CEO's e-mail and thought I'd vent my fustration here.

If anyone knows his address please post it here - I'm off the search elsewhere.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband Speed and Poor Customer Service

Hi Samartin,

I'll be happy to lend a hand with this and get your speed sorted out.

Could you post your hub stats and the results from a speed test for us please? You can get these from the Hub manager http://bthomehub.home and from www.speedtester.bt.com

If you also drop me in an email please with your BT account and telephone number along with a link back to this thread I can look into your account and see what the story is.

Just send using the contact us form in my profile under the 'about me' section.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
seanerino
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

what did i not complain enough!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Hi the forum mod is trying to sort out your problems with you rhey have an excellent reputation at getting problems solved take up the offer it is well worth it
0 Ratings