cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Broadband Speed dropping again

I have a HomeHub4 and use ethernet cable.

With HH2 I used to get 1Mbps but it dropped to about 130kp

bps. I got a fault rectified after a lot of complaining and with HH4 I got 2 to 5 Mbps. It is now back down to 130kbps with very occasional spurts to 500kbps..

If I login to a BT Wifi hotspot I can get 2 to 3Mbps.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Broadband Speed dropping again

Enter your phone number and post results remember delete number

can you post stats from hub. 

information from the event log, such as the SNR Margin, shortly after a resync.

Troubleshooting >
Event Log >
Category 'WAN'

The 2 lines will show noise margin and connection speed and will be when hub last reset

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

DOWNLOAD       0.25 Mbps  0.20                0.13

UPLOAD                               0.06 Mbps 0.02 0.01

1. Best Effort Test:

Download Speed : 0.13 Mbps

1. Upstream Test:

Upload Speed : 0.01 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information. 

1. 22:00 16/02/18

speedtest.btwholesale.com

00:22:26               17 Feb. WAN connection ATM connected                           

00:22:16               17 Feb. DSL Link Up: Down Rate=160Kbps            Up Rate=424Kbps; SNR Margin Down=6.3dB       Up=7.0dB

18:14:34               16 Feb. WAN connection ATM connected                           

18:14:27               16 Feb. DSL Link Up: Down Rate=288Kbps            Up Rate=456Kbps; SNR Margin Down=6.6dB       Up=8.5dB

17:54:47               15 Feb. WAN connection ATM connected                           

17:54:37               15 Feb. DSL Link Up: Down Rate=160Kbps            Up Rate=280Kbps; SNR Margin Down=6.8dB       Up=8.8dB

18:28:54               14 Feb. WAN connection ATM connected                           

18:28:47               14 Feb. DSL Link Up: Down Rate=160Kbps            Up Rate=275Kbps; SNR Margin Down=6.4dB       Up=7.9dB

17:04:32               13 Feb. WAN connection ATM connected                           

17:04:25               13 Feb. DSL Link Up: Down Rate=288Kbps            Up Rate=443Kbps; SNR Margin Down=6.7dB       Up=8.1dB

18:14:07               12 Feb. WAN connection ATM connected                           

18:14:00               12 Feb. DSL Link Up: Down Rate=160Kbps            Up Rate=328Kbps; SNR Margin Down=6.7dB       Up=7.6dB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

can you try using the test socket with a filter and see if that helps stabilise your and also improve your conenction speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Did all that last August when problem first appeared and it made no difference.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

did you try quiet line test by dialing 17070 option 2 and best with corded phone

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Yes all that stuff
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

as you say you have done everything that would normally be suggested here then you need to get another engineer visit

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 11

Hi @leafenw,

How are things with your connection. Did you manage to get another engineer out to take a look at your connection?

If you're still experiencing issues with your connection, please post back and I'll be happy to take a look at this for you.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

I am not forking out £180 for an engineer to come and tell me that there is a fault in the openworld box.

I have been sent an "accelerator" plate to go on the wall. I will fit it, try if for a few days see what difference it makes.
I would be interested to read experiences of others who have tried this device
0 Ratings