cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andgeorg
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Broadband Speed - the usual

Hi all, wonder if there is anyone out thee who can help Im at my wits end. 

Have had no mor than 750kbps download since oving into my house 2 years ago.  Im 3.4km away from my exchange (I know...but I liked the house) so appreciate distance is an issue.  However, am on 8MB circuit coming out of the exchange, dropping to 750 kbps.  I raised a fault with BT Broadband 2 weeks ago and an enginner came out, who said there was a fault on the line.  An Openreach engineer subsequently came out last Thursday, who said the line was fine and that it was BT Broadband 'throttling' me down.  The resolution was to ask BT Broadband to 'lift my cap', which I did.  The Exchange is 21CN enabled but Im on an 8MB circuit.  The Openreach engineer told me to insist I was put onto a 20MB circuit as there was no physical reason why they shouldnt and if the issue was purely distance from the exchange then logically, if I was put on a higher pumping line (20MB) then at least I should get something like the 3 MB they promised me when I signed up.  So thats where I am, I have been told to wait 5 days and the Supervisor Sunnil would call me back at 2.00pm today. 2.00 pm has come and gone - nothing, an no speed increase.

Appreciate any help - I seem to have a lot of FEC & HEC errors!

Did the quiet line test - perfect.  No noise.  Below are the router (HH3) results:

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:3 days, 19:21:49
Downstream:1.094 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):7.3 dB / 18.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):50.6 dB / 31.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up):16.2 dBm / 12.5 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):1637199 / 124
CRC Events (Down/Up):1536 / 49
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):3698 / 34
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):4208 / 620
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband Speed - the usual

the usual question - are you connected to the master or preferably the test socket?  have you tried quiet line test?  if so was it quiet or was there a hiss, crackle etc

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
andgeorg
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Yep, Master socket replaced by BT enginner and thats what Im connected to.  Did Quiet Line Test, no noise at all.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

was it a new filtered master socket?  if not have you tried connecting to the test socker especially if you have any extension sockets

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
andgeorg
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Yes to both
0 Ratings
rikkfulton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Is the power adapter for your BT Home Hub plugged into an extension bar?

If so unplug it and plug it straight into the wall socket, I was getting thousands of errors and the BT forum mod asvised me to make this simple change and it certainly helped as the errors are now in the hundreds rather than hundreds of thousands!

However it's not helped fix my syc issue which is still ongoing.

Btw from your router status paste it shows your on ADSL max.

Hope this helps,

R.

0 Ratings
andgeorg
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Yes, plugged into the wall socket directly

0 Ratings