cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeremyH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Broadband Talk 1571

Hi. Wonder if anyone has come across this problem?  I want to set up 1571 on my Broadband Talk line (on Home Hub 2), and when I enter 1571 on the keypad I get the recorded message 'sorry your phone number is withheld. please hang up and call again but dial 1470 before your number'. When I try this it doesn't work either.

I have logged into the my BT Broadband talk settings and changed these to turn OFF 1571 (it was showing as active for unanswered or busy calls) and waited a few minutes and reactivated it - still doesn't work.  I've tried activating and deactivating withholding my number and that doesn't do anything either.

I'm completely stuck - anyone got any ideas?

Thank you!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
mrsbex
Beginner
Message 2 of 9

Re: Broadband Talk 1571

Did you get anywhere with this problem? I am having the same trouble!!

Becs.

0 Ratings
JeremyH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

No, no responses so far, and it can't fix it.  Interestingly 1571 dropped off our home phone recently or no apparent reason, and I've had to 'reorder' it by dialing 1571.  I can't do that on the hub 'phone still - annoying.

0 Ratings
mrsbex
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Thanks for replying, I am still digging so if I find any answers, I'll let you know.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
wizkid
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

HI

I suggest you contact forum mods for help on this issue include ur account details and link to this thread

Contact details for mods

Moderation Team Email Address: Please fill out this "contact us" form http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

0 Ratings
JeremyH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Thanks for the advice - have now done this, will wait and see...!

0 Ratings
AndyCL1
Message 7 of 9

I have the same problem.  Is there a resolution of this issue?

0 Ratings
JeremyH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Andy - see wizzkids reply above, contact BT using the link he's posted.  I did this, and got a swift reply - its been working ever since.  Good luck!

0 Ratings
johnmillar
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

I'd like to be able to use 1571 on my BT Talk line, so I'm going to try the link too.

0 Ratings