cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 7

Broadband Talk Withdrawal

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Broadband-Talk-Withdrawal/m-p/665770#U665770

AARRRGGGHHH!!!

I use BT Broadband Talk daily, it's my primary phone. In fact since I moved home 2 years ago I've told no-one my landline number as I prefer to use BBTalk.

Can I escape my BT Broadband contract and move to a new supplier because of this news?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband Talk Withdrawal

@minusdot wrote:

Can I escape my BT Broadband contract and move to a new supplier because of this news?

Certain extras (eg free BT WiFi) are provided at the whim of BT and they make it clear that they can unilaterally end the service. No such provision appears in the T&C for BBTalk so the answer may be "yes" if there's nothing elsewhere. I'd see what BT says before risking a penalty.

Capture.JPG

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 7

Thanks pottyperson. When the notification comes through I'll give them a call and report back.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

as the withdrawal is being phased in it could be withdrawn on renewal - just a thought

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

@imjolly wrote:

as the withdrawal is being phased in it could be withdrawn on renewal - just a thought

Good point imj. They're withdrawing "over the next year", during which time I guess the majority of contracts will end.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

I should be notified of the price changes soon, so I'll use that as my get out of contract free card. BT can have the HH2 and 3 Hub Phones back!

0 Ratings
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

BT still hadn't notified me, but I got in touch today and the note's been put on my account that I'm able to leave without cancellation charge because I don't agree with the price rises. TT here I come, for better or (quite likely) worse!

0 Ratings