cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beeanny
Message 11 of 20

Re: Broadband Talk calls showing as unknown when diverted to a mobile

Hi cotswodconnection

Did you ever get this issue resolved, I am having the same problem.

Thanks

0 Ratings
cotswoldconnection
Contributor
Message 12 of 20

Hi Beeanny

I received a call from BT on Friday 13th to advise me that there is nothing more that they can to resolve this issue regardless of the fact that there has never been a problem in the past.

I am currently looking at the possibilty of porting my number to a different provider.

0 Ratings
cotswoldconnection
Contributor
Message 13 of 20

Hi Folks

After 4 months of disrupted service with my call diverts BT have admitted that they can't resolve this issue so I have had to make alternative arrangements.

I contacted Vonage who have supplied me with a temporary geographic number until my voip adapter is delivered. Once I am set up I can then port my existing BT bb talk number to Vonage. The whole process should take no more than 20 days. I have already made test calls using the temporary number and caller id works perfectly when diverted to my mobile.

BT have admitted to me that this issue is affecting all bt bb talk customers.

0 Ratings
Codiak
Message 14 of 20

I can say that after 2hrs being passed from pillar to post I finally got someone who spoke sense.

You CAN port geographic Broadband Talk numbers out to other services. I did this recently without a hitch, parking my number with a free sipgate.co.uk service. I did have to pay a £20 administration fee but it was money well spent. My BBT number is safe so I can take on Infinity next.

This information about this and the internal teams within BT need to be better informed.

Hope that my post helps others in the same boat, the last Infinity sales call I had the guy reckoned that about 1 in 20 calls have losing broadband talk as a barrier to moving to Infinity.

Highlighted
Canco
Beginner
Message 15 of 20

Hi Codiak,

Do I understand that you managed to get your BT BBV number transferred to a Sipgate?

I am trying to do precisely this; transfer my geographic BT Business BBV number to Sipgate but BT are telling me it is not possible… Can you tell me how you did it and who you spoke to?

Many thanks for your help.

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
ebpics
Beginner
Message 16 of 20

Hi,

I'd like to know how this is done too.

I've given up on BT due to the way their support staff talk to customers & they even started a new contract without my permission. 

I asked before I got my mac code to change & was told Can't be done. Another department said thats Ok just request it. I then get a phone call (yesterday) from a techinical department telling me it couldn't be done.

Then he said .... as you're leaving BT we wouldn't do it anyway & when you leave the number goes in the pool of available numbers for anyone to have, so you could try & get your new voip provider to get it.

I told him I hadn't decided to leave & was still working out my options but his attitude had made up my mind< I'll now take my landline away from BT as well as my broadband.

I have also been told by BT that they are contacting customers in a month to discontinue the bb talk service so why are they trying to hold me to ransom? 

If anyone has a named department or person who can save my BB talk number please let me know as I'd love to be able to retain it.

0 Ratings
cotswoldconnection
Contributor
Message 17 of 20

Hi 

My old bt bb talk number has been with Vonage since June. Have a read here https://support.vonage.co.uk/app/answers/detail/a_id/555/kw/port%20number

Hope this helps

minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 20

Would I be able to transfer my BB Talk number to a landline number with another company? Or can it only be transferred to a VOIP provider? Could I transfer it to Skype maybe?

0 Ratings
cotswoldconnection
Contributor
Message 19 of 20

Vonage is a Voip provider. 

0 Ratings
Canco
Beginner
Message 20 of 20

After speaking with BT customer services on 4 different occasions to try to confirm whether I could port the geographic number associated with my BT business voice (VoIP) line to sipgate and receiving different and contradictory answers from BT staff, I decided to simply attempt the port.

It failed and sipgate reported the following:
--
Our carrier received the following rejection reason:
Associated number is an equinox order, we cannot port these.
--

I could not get a satisfactory answer from any department within BT about the proper procedure for porting such a number and it was absolutely impossible to get thought the menu system to the right desk first time or speak to the same division let alone the same person about this process.

Fundamentally, if you attempt this, my advice would be: expect it to fail and you may be pleasantly surprised.
I have no idea how those who were successful managed it.
0 Ratings