Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 25

Broadband Talk service to cease??

BT's Broadband Talk web page states:

Important notice: From 29th January Broadband Talk will no longer be provided with any new broadband order. If you ordered before this date you can still continue to use your Broadband Talk service.

I understand that HH3 does not have a phone socket so cannot support BBTalk.

I use a Draytek router with a BT Voyager 10V Telephone Adapter to provide my Broadband telephone service and have done so for many years and I find the service invaluable in evenings and at weekends.

Is this service to be closed down ??

Current issue of Computeractive says that "Customers are switching to cheaper standard telephone services or competing Internet services such as Skype and BT says the service's time is now up"

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Message 2 of 25

Re: Broadband Talk service to cease??

Failte, CullodenMuir.

At the moment BBT seems to be available to customers with earlier home hubs.

Theres been a bit of a discussion about this via the link below already.

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/BT-Home-Hub-3/m-p/122255#M59027

If you have an android smartphone, you can also hook it up to bbtalk (VOIP) using the Sipdroid app.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 25

I got this back from one of the Mods when I questioned Broadband talk.

The broadband talk service is available when switching from ADSL to Infinity for existing users only. The service is no longer available for new orders. I have seen instances when switching from ADSL to Infinity has knocked the talk service off due to compatibility issues and when this happens it's not possible to reconnect the service. My advice would be to make sure you mention the talk service when placing the order for Infinity and fingers crossed it will be carried over to the new Infinity account.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 25

Hi CullodenMuir, Forgive the intrusion but are you still using your Voayger 10v for BT BBT?  If so, what is the latest firmware issue and do you have a copy or any other relevant information.  I want to (at least try to) use an old Voyager 10v on a HH3 if I can.  The HH2-Infinity I have is rubbish, mostly with DHCP problems, etc.

Regards, Jim

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 25

Hi this is quite an old post now it may be worth using the forum search or goggle for information if you are in a hurry for the information as some posters do not visit the forum regularly
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 25

My firmware is 2.13

I'm on ADSLmax and it works OK so I'm leaving it alone!

Sorry but I don't have any further information,the firmware is the original as supplied with the 10V

Regards

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 25

To both JimPrice and CullodenMuir I realy would value any advice.  I have a Netgear DG834GT and want to configure a Voyager v10 to work with BBTalk (BT voip service).  I just can't get the Voyager v10 to accept BBTalk registration and BBV light continues to flash.  Help anyone out there !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 25

Hi do you have an active BT talk number
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 25

Thanks for your response, yes I do have a working BBTalk number.  I am trying to get the V10 to register - maybe I need a firmware update or some advice on tweeking a setting under the hood so to speak.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 25

I wish you good luck this is quite an old post now i hope that the op[ posts back any tips that may help you
0 Ratings