cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 25

Re: Broadband Talk service to cease??

I'll try to help, but this is an old unit which BT no longer supply or support.

First thing to do is to log onto the 10V through your browser, it seems to default to http://192.168.1.10/main.html.

Check with your router to see if this is free and not permanently allocated to another piece of kit as this could be your problem.

When you get to the 10V log on - unless you have changed them the user name and password are both admin.

Using quick setup set ADSL, then high bandwidth.

Then using advanced ensure that there is a tick in the box listed as Enable Broadband Voice, under Internet config choose router or bridge and then default. Under virtual servers set to enabled.

My Current firmware version is 2.13.

More basic:

There is a CDROM that came with the 10V, insert and go to Setting up Broadband Voice, then Broadband Voice set up then enter your broadband voice telephone number and password (they would have been emailed to you when you first set up the service), then next and then Configure. The 10V will then restart taking quite a while (about 2 minutes). Then after about a minute all should be working.

If you have not got number and password then I'd suggest contacting the Mods on http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 referring to this thread - they may be able to help also if you don't have the CDROM.

Otherwise send me a PM and I'll see if I can make a copy of my disc.

Best of luck !!

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 25

thanks CM a useful tip for all
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 25

Additional point - my notes made long ago state that 10V works only with Internet Explorer and not with Firefox.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 25

Hello and thanks so much for helping me out.  I will give a run down of what I have managed and where I get stuck.  I have a Netgear DG834GT and it allocates IP addresses 192.168.0.2 upwards.  The default gateway is 192.168.0.1 and I can of course see the box if I type this address into my IE8 browser.  According to the 10V instructions I place it between my PC and ADSL router.  The 10V also has DHCP addressing switched on so my laptop gets an address from the 10V rather than the Netgear router.  From recent activity I recall 192.168.192.1 was the IP address to get the 10V pages up through IE8.  I do have the CD and also my BBTalk credentials.  When I request the registration I get the message "configuration unsuccessful" and the BBV light continues to flash.  My firmware is earlier v1.36t2 so maybe I need an upgrade but I can't find a resource on the web - can you suggest anything ?  My 10V asks for a password starting T. which even if I extract all the SIP data being passed at registration still fails.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 25

My 10V is NOT connected between PC and ADSL Router !

My Router is connected to filter and line.

Then the PC is on one of the ethernet outlets of the router and the 10V is on another ethernet outlet of the router.

Running it your way it is necessary to ensure that the 10V is set to Bridge working and this was not recommended back in 2004 when I installed the device.

For upgrade of firmware there is a upgrade point in the 10V software when you access via Internet Explorer.

Good Luck

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 25

Thanks ever so much for you speedy reply.  I had the 10V Telephone Adapter between laptop and ADSL router as this is how they had it in the instructions.  I have re-worked as you suggest and power and internet lamp are lit and BBV flashing.  My Netgear router has allocated 192.168.0.4 via DHCP.  I can log onto the 10V OK.  I am unable to find a link to the internet to upgrade the firmware.  On the 10V pages there is a System Upgrade option but it needs to reference an already downloaded file - this I have yet to locate.  I retried the configuration wizard from the CD and instead of getting "configuration unsuccessful" I get windows cannot display the webpage.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 25

Sorry but you are now beyond my level of expertise!

Suggest you try asking the Mods if they can help, link in previous message.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 25

I am wondering if there is difficulty resolving to sp2.btsip.bt.net and btsip.bt.com.  If you do a lookup on the router for the first address you get an answer but there are a number of IP address responses - I think there is a range.  The second address fails "unknown host address".  I have seen some attempts in other forums to work this through.  I think they try and ensure btsip.bt.com resolves to sp2.btsip.bt.net via a hosts entry or the like.  This may be why when I try the configuration command it doesn't register.  This is the command with sensitive entries changed.

http://api.home/voipsetup.api?SIPTransportProtocol=UDP&SIPTransportPort=5060
&SIPRegistrarAddress=btsip.bt.com
&SIPRegistrarPort=5060
&SIPOutboundProxyAddress=sp2.btsip.bt.net
&SIPOutboundProxyPort=5060
&SIPProxyAddress=btsip.bt.com
&SIPProxyPort=5060
&SIPPhoneNumber1=
441978xxxxxx
&SIPCallerName1=
&SIPUsername1=
441978xxxxxx@btsip.bt.com
&SIPPassword1=
15letters&numbers
&SIPPhoneNumber2=
&SIPCallerName2=
&SIPUsername2=
&SIPPassword2=
&SIP
plus some Hash=lines B,C,D and blank

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 25

Thanks so much for taking me this far - any other contributers are welcome.  I will see if the moderators can help but as you also stated this device is no longer supported.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 25

I have some very good news - I found an archived weblink to download the firmware update to v2.16.  This was applied to my 10V and I got configuration successful message first time.  I am a very happy bunny - so many people told me the 2 boxes would not work together.  I have BBTalk back.  Thanks to CM particularly for trying to guide me.  If anyone wants the firmware file just PM me.

0 Ratings