cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charley_Lima
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Broadband Talk

I have been using BB Talk since it was released with no problems apart from losing the line after around 15 minutes of chatter.

I use a 2-wire 2700HGV BT Business Hub which was found by BT to offer a better connection, being over 4kms from the exchange.

Around 2 weeks ago, when attempting an overseas call [even to Ireland] I get a recorded message advising that the number I have called has not been recognised, etc etc.   From that time, I have been tied to using Skype which is incenvenient.

BT have tried to assist, albeit with no success and the Talk service has been reconfigured, reset, rebooted, etc etc

BT are sending a new Home Hub 2 to see if this resolves the problem but my feeling is that the best it will do is degrade the broadband service where I presently connect at over 3mbps.

Any and all suggestion greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Broadband Talk

Is there a "phone" light on the Business hub, and is it lit?

Can you access your account when you go to https://service.btbroadbandvoice.bt.com/selfcare/consumerYourAccount

0 Ratings
Charley_Lima
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

The phone light is lit and I am able to make national calls.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

@Charley_Lima wrote:

The phone light is lit and I am able to make national calls.

Really odd, sounds like a routing issue. Is your BBT number geographic (local) or one of those 0560 numbers?

Do not display it here Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Charley_Lima
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

re account details - connected no problem

bbt.PNG

0 Ratings
Charley_Lima
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

number is an 0560xxxxxxx

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

@Charley_Lima wrote:

number is an 0560xxxxxxx

Then maybe the destination exchange does not like the CLI (Caller Line Identity) from your line, and its rejecting it as not from the UK?

BBT is no longer available to new customers, as BT are trying to phase it out.

0 Ratings
Charley_Lima
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Regular numbers called are in India, Hong Kong, Japan, Germany, Australia and New Zealand.

Will they all have decided at the same time, not to accept my calls which they have been accepting for many months.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

@Charley_Lima wrote:

Regular numbers called are in India, Hong Kong, Japan, Germany, Australia and New Zealand.

Will they all have decided at the same time, not to accept my calls which they have been accepting for many months.

Maybe the routes have been ceased from the dedicated BBT servers, or a router is locked up?

Getting someone to look at it would be quite a challenge. I assume your normal landline is fine when calling those numbers?

0 Ratings
Charley_Lima
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

The BT Home Hub 2B arrived and has been installed and works perfectly on Broadband Talk.

The connection speed however has dropped by 0.5Mbps.

I would like to continue to use the 2700HGV but it appears that the 'talk' service servers have changed and, unlike the 2700HGV, the HH2 does not offer the address it uses for the Talk service.

Does anyone have any ideas as to the Talk address?

0 Ratings