cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjs2388
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Broadband Usage Confusion

Hi, I am trying to keep track of our broadband usage, as after purchasing and using a fire stick a couple of months ago, we discovered that we were not on an unlimited usage plan. In fact we went over our 12GB limit by 20GB, and were duly charged... fair enough!

All through January I have been monitoring the BT usage monitor. It has been steadily rising every day, and we managed to just come in under our 12GB allowance.

Now at 0130 on the 1st of February I checked the BT usage monitor, and have copied the image below:

image.jpg

I am confused, as there is conflicting information in this image.

It says that we have used 0.8GB in February so far (18th Jan to now), but it also says broadband usgae is measured from the first to the last day of the month. They both can't be right. Is our usage being counted twice?

Can somebody clarify this for me please?

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband Usage Confusion

0.8GB of your february allowance.

Ignore the face that your billing date doesn't run from the first till the last of the month. Usage DOES run per calendar month.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

If you're worried, go unlimited. The price difference is minimal and you never have to think about it again, you can use the net to your hearts content.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
pjs2388
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for your reply, that is what we thought, however, the 0.8GB must be the amount of data from the 18th Jan, so the image is in fact very misleading.

0 Ratings
pjs2388
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

We are locked into a contract and were quoted an extra £9 a month (approx) to go unlimited.

I have seen 'new member' deals which are much cheaper but the BT customer service person we spoke to said we could not have those, and the price he quoted (above) was the best they could do.

0 Ratings