cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Romarkn11
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Broadband Usage SURGE SCAM is back on!

SMS this morning warning I was up to 18GB of my 20GB limit. Checked the usage meter and it was already up to a whopping 25GB and of course I have billed accordingly.Smiley Mad

After around 4 hours of chat and calls it is agreed that my usage is always below 20GB but the last 2 days registered 4GB & 5GB usage. No explanation other than some must have hacked my home hub and could not count the ammount of times that I was offered the opportunity to upgrade to unlimited.Smiley Frustrated

I then did some searches and the problem seems to crop up quite often and was on this forum last year and  atributed to the BT fon usage being charged.Smiley Surprised

Just took out the 12 month subsription to keep the sport. Luckily still have a few more days to cancel.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband Usage SURGE SCAM is back on!

it could be being caused by the windows 10 upgrade
0 Ratings
Romarkn11
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi john46,

I did the update on 2nd August and that showed up on their records as 6GB for that day (I had to download twice). No updates were recorded on my laptop on those last 2 days of 4GB and 5GB usage. I was using my Fon signal for most of those days anyway.

0 Ratings
openwm
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Check on your modem the ip address of items you have connected as this happened to a friend of mine. We checked the modem to find unknown items connected onto it. After further investigation we found the baby sitter had save the wireless key and given it to friends.
0 Ratings
Romarkn11
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

owenwm, Only my stuff showing on the hub. No one could have got the key from being in the house. Not much point in people going to that trouble they only need to find a friend that can access fon and borrow there log in details. Someone would have to be sat on my drive to pick up the signal and I might just have noticed that.Smiley Wink

0 Ratings