cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonyaainley
Message 1 of 3

Broadband Usage

Hi

Our broadband usage has gone mad in the last couple of months and we can't work out why?  We haven't change our usage pattern and don't download any movies.  For instance in the last 24 hrs the usage monitor says we have used

1.9 gb in the last 24 hours.  From 1st Aug we are up to 9.52 gb of usage and we were away for 4 of those days.  We have changed our wifi password in case anyone was hacking in!

We use 2 computers and a i phone.  Can something the iphone has started doing effect the usage?

We only have the 10 gb package and found it quite adequate till this started.  Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Sonya

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband Usage

@sonyaainley wrote:

Hi

Our broadband usage has gone mad in the last couple of months and we can't work out why?  We haven't change our usage pattern and don't download any movies.  For instance in the last 24 hrs the usage monitor says we have used

1.9 gb in the last 24 hours.  From 1st Aug we are up to 9.52 gb of usage and we were away for 4 of those days.  We have changed our wifi password in case anyone was hacking in!

We use 2 computers and a i phone.  Can something the iphone has started doing effect the usage?

We only have the 10 gb package and found it quite adequate till this started.  Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Sonya

Hi Sonya. Welcome to the forums.

I don't expect that the iPhone is using that much data on your wifi.

You say you haven't changed your usage pattern, can you say what you may have used the connection for ? E.g TV streaming perhaps, more youtube that usual, facebook applications. It's not necessarily the "obvious" like movie downloads causing the usage.

There are some computer nasties that can cause usage anomolies, so make sure that your systems are protected and kept ut to date.

0 Ratings
sonyaainley
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband Usage

Hi

thanks for your reply.  My son has been looking at some youtube (just silly kids stuff) and thinking about it the usage has probably shot up since then.   I use facebook but don't really go into many applications.

We have Norton 360 anti virus - how can I check for a virus? 

Thanks

0 Ratings