Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris_Phillips
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Broadband Usage

Hi 

New to all this usage problems as I have only recently started using Sky player which has basically gone over my usage half way into the month with me only just realising.

At the moment (I know I have the rest of the month and I will definatly not be using Sky player again) I am only 0.44 over my 40GB limit (broadband option2) and I know they charge £5 every 5GB you go over so will I be charged for going 0.44 over or do the charges only start to incur once I go 5GB over? 

Hope that makes sence, Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband Usage

You would be charged £5 as soon as you exceeded the limit. But you don't need to worry if this is the first time as you will not be charged at all.

You would do well to think about going unlimited as full use of Sky Player might be worth the extra cost. The BT Options Team on 0800 800 030 will be able to advise.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Chris_Phillips
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

This is my second time going other got a warning without knowing last month because my parent didn't mention it so i'm probably going to look at the unlimited option but I have 2 questions on that as well.

Firstly if I choose to get the unlimited option how long until it takes effect, for example is it something they can do overnight. And i'm aware that if you upgrade to unlimited they will not charge you for going over if you upgrade in the same month so if it takes a while I assume I can continue to go over until its upgraded without getting charged.

Secondly I noticed that the BT infinity option is the same price as the other unlimited option so I just wondered if that's surly the best option as its better, only difference in price I can see is the installation price which is only £25 pound or something so should I go for that?

Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Hi upgrading to unlimited normally takes 24 hours to change over maybe sooner as to Infinity if it is available to you then yes you might as well up grade to that service
0 Ratings
Chris_Phillips
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Okay just uprgraded online to the unlimited (option 3 ) not infinity and I remember reading that I wont be charged for previously going over my usage but is there anyway to confirm this? Thanks

0 Ratings
Chris_Phillips
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Also the option I selected said it comes with a £25 sainsbury's voucher so i was wondering how you confirm this as well and how/when you get it, or will they email me this info, cheers
0 Ratings
geo1986
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

You only get a voucher if your a brand new customer to BT, not for upgrading from option 2 to unlimited.

However if you got the option for a voucher it sounds like you may have put through an order for a new line rather than an upgrade? I'd call them straight away to check on the number potty gave yoy
0 Ratings