cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Broadband Wifi Connection drops several times a day

Hello,

This is my first post in the Broadband forum.

I have had BT broadband for at least the last 7 years and the last couple of years I have found that my wifi connection is lost, and is only resolved by resetting the router.

We got rid of our desktop for space reasons so only connect via Wifi (laptop, mobile phones). Our BT Vision box is hard-wired to the router via the ehternet cable.

I've spoke to BT customer service in the past and they have fobbed me off by telling me that there was work carried out on my line but that it should all be resolved now.

The problem keeps persisting though and I am beginning to think it is down to the age of my router. I've had the same BT Homehub for probably 4 of 5 years.

Would be very appreciative if a mod could investigate this for me or advise me in my best course of action.

THanks

Marc

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Broadband Wifi Connection drops several times a day

wifi problems are up to the customer to solve - 

you can try downloading inssider3 (istumbler if MAC) and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. If you then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.

if your contract is due for renewal you can try asking for a new hub and may only have to pay the postage costs - and possibly reduce your monthly cost with good negotiation

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings