cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Broadband activation, 49 days delayed and STILL counting!!

Go to solution
I contacted BT on the 5th Nov 20010 to order the Options 1 phone & broadband deal as we were due to move house on the 18th Nov 2010. The activation date for the phone was set for the 18th & the broadband would be activated on the 26th Nov. The phone was working the day we moved in & the broadband router duly arrived on the 26th Nov. It's now the 14th Jan 2011 & still the broadband has not been activated!! I've had 8 dates now from BT saying when the broadband would start & each time that date arrives I'm given another start/revue date... BT have had 10 weeks now since I placed my order with them. Is this a record for delays in getting a customers broadband sorted?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband activation, 49 days delayed and STILL counting!!

Go to solution

send an email to the forum mods with your account and phone number and a link back to this thread  forum.moderation.team@bt.com

They may at least find out why the delay

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Could be either a problem with the order or a tech problem, I'd advise getting the order checked first, they can do this on the system eco bb, speaking to them if required. which department this would be though I'm not too sure although the phone menu system should advise you on where to go, otherwise the agent can transfer you to the right place, just make sure to tell them that you think the order hasn't went through correctly. If it's not the order then you'd have to go through to tech support. Some lines don't support broadband, however as I can't check your line I would advise speaking to BT 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks imjolly!

We had a fault on the phone line last weekend, the engineer fixed it on the following Tues (thanks Matt) but he said we had been waiting too long now for the Broadband to be activated. He had been sent in from Cumbria, we're in North Yorkshire. Apparently there is a huge backlog of work on here in this area hence him being sent 90 miles just to fix the line here.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Iam in a similar state. I have moved to new build in the end of Nov and still we havent got our broadband activated. We just got our phone line sort last friday and I thought we will get our broadband sorted the same day Every time you call BT the advisors give you a different answer and they always promise for a call back with a sure answer but u never get that. I need to call them back again and check what is the status? Why isnt BT consistent in their communication? Why cant they be really true about their status and estimates? Its so frustratiing..i just want to get a normal broadband working and its been 2 months now and god knows how long....... J
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

"send an email to the forum mods with your account and phone number and a link back to this thread forum.moderation.team@bt.com 

They may at least find out why the delay"

I followed this advice & had a reply from UK based staff, the Broadband was started a few weeks later.

Good luck

0 Ratings