cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Broadband activation delays

I originally placed an order for BT Infinity on 27th May. This order was cancelled by BT, they have never explained why, and another was created on 13th June. This one currently has a status of "we're waiting on confirmation on the connection date for your broadband. There is a second open order dated 16th June showing a connection date of 4th July.

My previous connection with Sky was cut on 14th June when BT took over the line to my house.

After numerous calls, often getting cut off after being kept on hold for so long, and various webchats I was advised last week that there were no available ports at my exchange and the 4th July might not be achievable. Dont know whether its possible but I requested a standard connection until a port becomes availbale as I have had no broadband since 14th June and need it for work.

I do not understand how they could have accepted my order on 27th May, which resulted in my Sky broadband finishing on 14th June and still not be able to provide me with the service

The complaints department have phoned me today, and tried to tell me the connection date would be 4th July. I then had to tell them what was going on which was confirmed after they contacted the engineers.

The whole saga has been a nightmare, I live in area with poor mobile reception so rely on broadband. You never get to speak to the same person twice and I have had to tell them what is happening.

If I had the choice I would cancel my contract and go back to Sky but this might take even longer to resolve. Is it possible to get a standard broadband connection until such times as they can provide fibre and how long wopuld that take?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband activation delays

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband activation delays

Hi @PMartin72,

I'm sorry that your order has been delay. I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings