cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Broadband activation

Having been with sky and talk talk in the past, broadband activation has always been an absolute doddle! We moved home on the 26th June and admittedly left it a little late to order our phone and broadband so were aware that we wouldn't have the full phone and broadband service immediately and that we'd also have to wait for the router. Well the phone system was operational on the 29th June and we received our router/hub on Saturday 7th July. Well, as soon as it was home we plugged it all in and expectantly waited for it to link, unto 24hrs they said?! Well, Sunday am and no broadband, tried calling, and oh they don't work Sunday's! 8am to 8pm mon to fri?! Saturday's 8am till 6pm!! Um we work?! Anyway waited and finally called them tues,1 hr on the phone and was told to call back the weds pm! Called weds pm and another hr gone and still no further! But this time customer service called us back, but another hr gone and they'd call again thurs! As agreed call back thurs and still no broadband! But it "should" be working by Saturday! Not good enough so I speak to the manager. He just confirms all that his staff has been telling me for the last hr! But they promise to call Friday which they do! Anyway it's now Monday, broadband isn't working and we're now being told that it SHOULD be working by this Friday! My wife and I have spent in total about 5 hours on the phone to BT, been told it should be working by last Thursday, last FRIDAY (hopefully), Saturday, today Monday and now this Friday!!! Is it me or is this totally wrong! I came over to BT thinking the service would be brilliant and so efficient! Ringing India, well that's another saga! They try really hard but just not the same! Lots of thanks (too much really) but I'm not sure they understand where I'm coming from!?! We were promised a free dongle on Saturday, which I wouldn't expect to arrive till tues/weds, it took the customer service guy 15 mins to understand this and why we havent got it yet!
I now want to talk to a BRITISH call centre but I cannot find one! BRITISH TELECOM! Um why can't I talk to a British person? Why can't I seem to talk to someone who understands British frustration and what a British customer expects?? And mostly why am I sending this all via my iPhone and not using my computer and broadband!!!!
I have never posted any sight like this before so unsure how things progress, but I REALLY hope someone in the UK end of BT read this and actually get my order moving!
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband activation

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to find out what is going on.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Well I contacted the BT care team straight after recieving the suggestion on Monday and it's now Friday 2019hrs and apart from an email on Wednesday with an "l" on it heard nothing! Broadband should have been operational by today according to the last conversation I had with BT customer care! Um Friday and no broadband, no call from BT care team and no call from BT customer care! Oh but in the upside got the promised dongle but after spending an hr getting it logged on, we have a bad BT signal here! So oh well no use at all!!
Experience with BT so far..........any suggestions what I may say???? Oh and a bill from BT for £21! Something doesn't feel right about paying it.........
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

re contact the care team quoting the reference number you would have received when you contacted them
0 Ratings