cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pebekins
Message 1 of 2

Broadband capped

I don't know where to begin to explain the number of issues I had with BT since the beginning of the year and have lost track of the number of e-mail and telephone complaints I made so far. Problems included BB dropping all the time, not being able to use my phone line and internet at the same time and slow speed. I had two engineers coming. Both times, they could not find any problems, have replaced the equipment. They both said that I should be getting 10 Mb, but at some point I was only getting 0.25 Mb broadband. Now it's been a few days that I'm having 0.5 Mb, which is a very poor service, I can't even go on skype with my family, nor use the broadband phone and internet at the same time. Customer service has been of no use so far, keep telling me the same things and I honestly think they're not dealing with my problem at all. I'm so disappointed, I'm just waiting for my contract to end so I can switch to another company, not before getting something in return from BT. I'm not sure if anyone can help me here either, but, hey, I just want to get a decent internet service which shouldn't be that difficult these days. Pedro
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Broadband capped

welcome to the forum

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester (MAC users may have problems) http://speedtester.bt.com or http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9354/c/346,4740,5520 and post the results .

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings