cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave2951
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 12

Re: Broadband connect cuts off dial tone

As promised hear is the update although still cannot open the link to inform MODS. Engineer arrived at 8am and a very polite and pleasant individual. After about 45 minutes he stated he could obtain the Internet through his device but not my Hub and considered replacing cable outside. I explained to him the Hub he was using had only arrived some days ago as it had been suggested my old Hub was faulty. I then suggested we try the old Hub and it worked so the new Hub sent he diagnosed as faulty.

I asked what the fault was and he stated he believed it was the Filter I explained I had tried 4 different Filters which had been supplied with the original Hub and he stated they were a waste of time and he had replaced the Main switch with a more modern one. ( The original had only been replaced some 6 months ago by BT). Anyway we are up and running again with really no concrete answer as to why all of a sudden a fault started but sometimes i suppose you have to expect that. A big thankyou again to Daniel and if you want to send me the link again i will see if i can open it again.

0 Ratings
dave2951
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 12

Re: Broadband connect cuts off dial tone

Just a further update today after 5 days no problems we found our phone line is dead but broadband working, suppose hear we go again.

0 Ratings