cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NorfolkBroad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 24

Re: Broadband connection drops - All lights still blue Home Hub 2

Just wanted to report back after calling BT - they're sending me a new hub and hub handset which should arrive Friday and I've renegotiated my contract - getting a better package for £12 less a month - just hope the new hub can access the internet lol  I can't run InSSIDer as my current internet connection is too slow to download it but might try hooking up my old router and see if that makes a difference.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 24

glad that worked for you - just hope new hub works as wellSmiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
S4MST3R
Beginner
Message 23 of 24

Good luck NorolkBroad -  if your issues as are the same as what I've been experiencing then your old router will work fine, but your replacement hub start behaving the same after half a day

I'm giving technical one last try and if I get nowhere shall go out a buy a brand new Netgear or Linksys device and put it on my BT expenses  Man Wink

0 Ratings
NorfolkBroad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 24

I got my internet connection back for about an hour this evening after restarting the hub for the umpteenth time it was really slow and it's gone again now. Can't even access the hub to check the settings/firmware version via an ethernet cable so it must be well and truly knackered (the reset key does nothing now I have to unplug the power cable to reset it) I'm wondering if it is just coincidence that when I drove past our exchange earlier there were 4 Openreach vans parked outside - we're not mentioned on the status page so just wondering what they're doing to it and if that could be affecting our connection.

0 Ratings