Message 21 of 51

Re: Broadband connection drops on incoming phone calls

Thanks Robbie as you say a strange one
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 22 of 51

Thanks Robbie, I have sent all required info - really appreciate the help.

One more thing, when the internet connection goes down, it is only the connection that drops. The router says that the ADSL line is still up however the router says its trying to connect. After a little time, it connects. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 51

please post back and let us know how you get on
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 24 of 51

Will do for sure, thanks for the help.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 25 of 51

Ok, update here for info and to the moderators.

I had a very helpful engineer come out today, he checked the master socket, wiring, checked the filters, done all the line tests with the BT equipment and found no faults what so ever. He confirmed that there are no faults at the property

I demonstrated the 150/151 going through to Sky and what happens to the Broadband connection when someone calls in, he said it is very very strange and that its out of his scope. Apparently I need a tracking engineer or something, someone who starts at the exchange and works back.

His hypothesis was that there has been a human error in the exchange and I have been put into a 'spare line' (problem only started after migration to ADSL 2+) however that spare line is connected to the Sky equipment.

My questions are

Can the moderators please help get a 'tracking enginner' or whatever they are?

Who is picking up the billing for my calls if I am connected to Sky exchange equipment?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 51

The moderators will be able to sort all of this out, and should be getting in touch very shortly.

Highlighted
Message 27 of 51

Hi Sophos9,

I have checked our email queue and can see we have received your details. One of my colleague will be in touch later on today.

Thanks

PaddyB

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 28 of 51

Excellent, thanks. Just spoke to them - they are getting a date for an exchange engineer to look at it. He has called me back but I was on a work call and missed him, will get the info when he calls me back.

Great help, thanks guys

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 51

I think everyone here would like to know what the problem turns out to be, so please update this thread when its sorted. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 30 of 51

This is getting really interesting, had another engineer turn up this afternoon who checked over the same stuff as the previous engineer then went to the exchange to fix the problem (is this a FRAMES Engineer?)

Anyway, he basically unplugged everything in the exchange and done whatever those guys do and there is nothing at the exchange that he can do, the problem is deeper in the network.

He cannot progress it further and it now has to go to BT Operate(?) as the problem is at the core digital side or something similar.

Will keep you up to date - see how this pans out 🙂

0 Ratings