please keep us updated
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 51

Re: Broadband connection drops on incoming phone calls

really getting interestingSmiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 33 of 51

Hi mods, can I get an update on where this is at please? Was told I would get a call last Friday to let me know however have had nothing apart from a barage of text messages from BT telling me that the problem is solved, then its open, then I may have to pay circa £130, then the problem is fixed?

Something has happened as when I dial 150/151 I now get through to BT however it has not fixed the problem where someone calls my number and broadband drops out...?

Would be really good to share what he root cause is however I have no idea as to what is even happening with this problem 😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 51

it sounds like the sky problem has been resolved you now need the high resistance joint problem resolving which will need an Openreach engineer visit
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 35 of 51

Still have not heard a single thing on getting this problem sorted, some work has been done somewhere, I no longer get sky when ringing 150. 

No one has even been in contact to verify the problem is resolved, the problem is not resolved and the failure condition still remains. BT have confirmed with 2 engineers the problem is not in the house wiring yet nothing still.

I have tried to be patient so far but its starting to wear very thin. Can the mods who agreed to take on this problem please provide an update on what is happening and an update as to why the Sky problem was there in the first place.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 51

The mods will update you when they read your post

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 51

did you try re contacting the mod who was dealing and asking about the progress and saying you were still having problems
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 38 of 51

Hi Sophos9,

I can see Conor has been dealing with your case. I'll get him to get back in touch with you.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 39 of 51

Thought I would update in frustration/furiation after engineers have been for the 5th vist left in a worse place that I was before.

BT has not fixed the problem, its been 8 months and I still have the same problems as has been reported. Neighbours in the same close are also having the same problem, they are even coming out of their houses to speak with the engineer today to ask when this problem is going to be fixed.

I've totally had it with BT, I'm so frustrated I'm lost for words. Conner said he would ring me after the engineer has been to fix the problem today so I'll pick up with him but this way beyond a joke now.

Who in BT can take ownership and just fix this problem, not just for me but for other residents who are having the same problem. Someone take some ownership!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 51

the mods have already taken ownership of your problem and I am sure they will act after you talk to them on the phone.  But mods cannot fix the problem all they can do is get an openreach engineer to visit your home to solve the problem but maybe after the failures they can organise a more experienced engineer

0 Ratings