I moved home recently, but the BT home move order turned into an absolute nightmare.
1. When I had to change the home move date, BT forgot to change the date for broadband, as a result, I didn't have broadband for 1 month
2. On the new property activation date, I was told there is a problem. But no one can tell me what the problem is.
3. For the past 4 weeks, I must have been on the phone/message chat with BT for over 10 hours. No one takes the ownership of the problem (india call centre and the UK team included). And to this date, I still don't know the progress of the order and what the problem is.
4. BT promise to call 5-6 different, they either call at a complete different time slot. Or never called at all. During the time they do call, because people actually work during the day. Only a message is left on the phone and advised someone will call again in a few days.. so, we're back to square one.
5. After speaking to someone yesterday (for half an hour), I finally learnt that the internet speed is apparently too slow for them to activate the broadband. they'll have to place another order. And someone will call me today between 12-2pm. Surprise, surprise, someone called me at 7pm whilst I was on a tube. So they left a message.
I would have thought after my troubles, they would prioritise my problem to the head of the queue. after 1 month, I don't think so. This is insanely frustrating, out of all the service providers I've been with. I have to say BT is the worst by a long way. Mainly because the customer service team is so segregated into millions different silos (it feels that way anyway), anything other than a straight forward problem (pay a bill maybe) will be highly difficult.
Anyway, sorry for the vent.
Only people that can help are mods who will post here tomorrow
By the way, PaddyB. Below are the details you may need:
BT service: telephone/ADSL unlimited broadband/TV (11 months into a 12 months contract)
Original home move date = 03 Aug 2015
Updated home move date = 03 Sep 2015
Date broadband was cut off at the old address = 03 Aug 2015 (because BT did not update the date for broadband, activation for telephone and TV was updated)
On 03 Sep 2015, no service was working. After numerous phone calls over the past month, On 30th Sep, I was able to get BT to add another order(telephone and broadband, they missed TV), to be activated on 7th Oct.
On 7th Oct, telephone is activated. but no broadband. Again, no one has informed me what's the next step.
Just wondering if you have discovered the issue?
On a side note, no one from BT has contacted me (as a follow up to my failed home move/subsequent broadband activation issue).
Just trying to work out if i need to call BT again.
The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them via their contact form
They will contact you personally by email or phone.