cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Broadband connection problem

My problem is that I'll be surfing the internet fine one minute and then suddenly I get the "unable to connect to Hub" page. This happens on both wireless and ethernet pcs. Then two seconds later, opening a fresh tab in browser or closing browser and reopening, I can connect again.

I checked the lights and all are blue. Any ideas as to what is going on or what I should check?

Download speedachieved during the test was - 6805 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 2000-7150 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8509 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 1116 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 6500 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 13.67:24.22:62.11 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 867 Kbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 1116 Kbps

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Xplicit
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 14

Re: Broadband connection problem

I get this problem too. my home hub randomly disconnects every so often then it reconnects a few minutes after. Could be a faulty hub 😞

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

can you post the adsl stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z) . Someone may then be able to offer assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
DBowie
Message 4 of 14

My problem's similar - disconnects at random & only way out is Ctrl/Alt/Del, which goes back either to the same site which repeats the problem, or redirects me to the home page. BT help tool doesn't help. All three lights on the hub are constantly lit.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

@DBowie wrote:

My problem's similar - disconnects at random & only way out is Ctrl/Alt/Del, which goes back either to the same site which repeats the problem, or redirects me to the home page. BT help tool doesn't help. All three lights on the hub are constantly lit.

you should start your own subject rather than hijack this one and that way you will get replies specific to your problem.  when you start your own subject can you post the adsl stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z) and run btspeedtester http://speedtester.bt.com and post the results. Someone may then be able to offer assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
colster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Looks like it has disconnected at some point as is only saying 4 hours

Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 4:00:21
Downstream8,167 Kbps
Upstream1,108 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)8.3 dB / 6.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)39.5 dB / 20.1 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 12.9 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)147
Loss of Signal (Local)13
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)9753 / 4294967264
CRC Errors (Down/Up)8 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up)nil / 0
Error Seconds (Local)32

0 Ratings
colster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

We had the  "cannot connect to hub" page again today and somebody in the house reset the hub. I upgraded my contract last friday to option 3, so would it still need the 10 day stabilisation period? Could that be why I am not seeing a continuous connection?

ine stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 1:01:21
Downstream8,374 Kbps
Upstream1,144 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)9.3 dB / 5.6 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)39.5 dB / 20.2 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 12.4 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)23
Loss of Signal (Local)2
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)923 / 4294967232
CRC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up)nil / 0
Error Seconds (Local)2
0 Ratings
colster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Today I plugged my router into the test socket of my master socket and twice today, I got disconnected. It says that My hub is connected but that it cannot access broadband.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

can you try the quiet line test - dial 17070 option 2 and listen - you should hear nothing  best done with a corded phone

0 Ratings
colster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

I've done the quiet line test and all is good. After I initially connected to the test socket I got disconnected from the internet a few times, but for the last few days I have been ok, no probs. Here are my stats from the router in test socket. Does it look ok? If after a week, I have no more issues, I'll reconnect to the extension socket and see what happens.

Line stateConnected
Connection time5 days, 18:30:38
Downstream9,312 Kbps
Upstream1,160 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)8.2 dB / 6.1 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)39.0 dB / 19.9 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 12.6 dBm