cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Broadband connection

Go to solution

How do I get Bt to understand thatI have a bad connection in one of the under  pavement inspection / joint holes . Everytime an engineer goes in there to look at other peoples faults my broadband connection goes & returns when they have finished it has happened about 8 times over the last few weeks so it isnt a coincidence. It would appear fom my conversations with the engineers that the whole joint needs remaking.Any idears anyone ?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband connection

Go to solution

Hi @coleva,

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with your connection. When you notice your connection miss behaving, you'll need to report a fault through to BT. If there is a fault on the network its up to the engineer to carry out the repair.

If you post your router stats as shown in Broadband - Top Tips to get help on the forum, it will give us an indication of how your connection is preforming.

Thanks

PaddyB

Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks Paddy , I reported it to BT several times explaining what was going on , Finally because an engineer was working in that inspection joint it gave a crackling & hissing while I was requesting an engineer . They sent onon Saturday 31st Sept. and he looked in the inspection place & found my wires were crumbling apart hence the make & break of broadband when they worked on other peoples line. Its a pity that just becaues when they test the line at BT because it shows no fault that they do not listen to  the customer who has had the problem about 8 times & every time an engineer was in that inspection hole

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @coleva,

Thank you for posting back. I can understand your frustration and I'm happy to hear that the engineer was able to fix the issue.

Thanks

PaddyB