Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bonafide
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Broadband connects but I dont think its the right username

Go to solution

I had to reinstall windows 7 due to bad driver conflicts. On the first install the broadband was correctly connecting to my username on BT.  On this new install its automatically connecting to broadband under bthomehub@btbroadband.com and I cant seem to stop it or change it.  Yesterday my internet cut off for about 24 hrs,  I think its because its using this generic BT username instead of my own. How do I make it use my BT username? I think the internet will probably cut off again at some point today.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband connects but I dont think its the right username

Go to solution
bthomehub@btbroadband.com is the usual username for BT broadband - the validation is done against the phone number.

When you lost your service did your phone still work or were you able to check the service on your exchange?
0 Ratings
Bonafide
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

The phone line went dead. I had to phone BT from my mobile to fix it.  Are you sure the connection Windows 7 makes automatically will be fine with BT? It just seems too coincidential to me that my phone was cut off after I reinstalled windows 7 and used an automatic connection. Im worried its just going to happen again.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
The username has not been needed for a long time now.

bthomehub@btbroadband.com is used by the home hub to connect to the Internet.

You do not need to install any of the BT software on the CD, it is likely to cause lots of problems and confusion, especially as its likely to conflict with Windows 7.

Windows 7 does not need any extra software to use BT Broadband. Just simply connect the computer to the home hub with an Ethernet cable. Or use Windows 7 wireless networking, if its a laptop with a wireless card.

Probably best to un-install the BT software, and just let Windows 7 deal with all the connections.
You should not need to enter any login details to access the Internet.
0 Ratings
Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
I'm running win7 on my Pc's both connected to a homehub which uses the bthomehub@.... username and don't have any problems.

I would be reasonably confident that the phone fault and re installation of win 7 was purely co-incidental.
0 Ratings
Bonafide
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I guess it was a coincidence that the phone got cut off on the same day I reinstalled windows 7 then. Thanks for the help. I hope it doesnt happen again. Smiley Tongue

0 Ratings