Re: Broadband downgraded/slow

The firmware upgrade will have no effect on you
0 Ratings
beee
Beginner
Message 32 of 42

Here you go:

12:27:11, 03 May.( 75.210000) DSL noise margin: 25.00 dB upstream, 12.60 dB downstream
12:27:11, 03 May.

( 75.140000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 8128 Kbps downstream

As mentioned before - they are exactly the same lines as per post 3 and your last post where you copied them to - probably because that was the last time the router was rebooted hence that was the last time they appeared in the log...

0_0

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 42

was just wanting to get stats to show that connection stable.  can you post the btspeedtester diagnostic results to show still at 2mb and then mods will help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
beee
Beginner
Message 34 of 42

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.9 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.4 Mbps-2 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 2 Mbps

0 Ratings
beee
Beginner
Message 35 of 42

All changed now anyway, am in live chat and the last request was i reset router to factory settings!

I'll see where this leads and get back...

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 42

thanks

the mods will post a contact us link after reading this and will reset your profile to the correct value 7.15mb  

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 42

@beee wrote:

All changed now anyway, am in live chat and the last request was i reset router to factory settings!

I'll see where this leads and get back...

a factory reset of the hub won't help as your profile is stuck.  you need mod help and they will post a link.  I would wait for mods as they will fix the profile

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 38 of 42

Hi Bee,

I'll be able to help you with your connection. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 42

more bad advice from the help line that will never fix a stuck profile
beee
Beginner
Message 40 of 42

Yes, in fact the livechat assistant was clearly just going by the book. The reset proved nothing apart from the fact i now have to restore all my settings. I told him in no uncertain terms was i going to move my pc to the other end of the house to try the wired connection so the BT speedtest would result in a slightly lower ping in the tests! I also told him there was nothing wrong with my LAN, the problem was the IP profile. He eventually realised it wouldn't be an issue as he could run the tests from his end. An hour and some tests later the livechat assistant finally arrived at the point where i had initiated the chat at - that being 'my IP profile has been capped at 2mbps'. Faced with this startling revelation he sent a request for the profile to be reset. This should be completed in the next 4 hours.

Hopefully everything will be back to normal for me soon.

Moral of the story for anyone facing the same problem? Don't languish on these forums playing an unnecessary waiting game for a mod to take interest in your issue. Call BT direct or use the livechat. There is no need to show a stable connection for 3 days. They will eventually realise you have been capped at a lower IP profile but only after you have jumped through a few hoops for them. They will request the profile is reset. 

Thank you for all those who responded to my posts, it was appreciated. Perhaps though the first advice given should be as given above, it will no doubt result in less frustration all round 😉

0 Ratings