cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arteento
Message 1 of 5

Broadband download speed has dropped from ~2.7Mbps to 0.7Mbs

Hello,

For the last few weeks our broadband download speed has dropped from ~2.7Mbps (which we've been getting consistently for years) down to 0.7Mbs. It's now so low that our download speed is slower than our upload speed. I've take the following steps and nothing has worked:

• Running the BT Broadband Speed Checker
  • Removing all equipment so its just the BT Home Hub connected through a BT Microfilter straight into the master socket
  • Replacing the modem cable and Microfilter
  • Online line fault check
As I say, it only recently - over the last few weeks - that our speed has decreased so massively from what we've been getting for years and it is extremely frustratingly slow - I can get faster speeds via my mobile phone's 3G network.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband download speed has dropped from ~2.7Mbps to 0.7Mbs

welcome to the forum

have you had an email from BT recently telling you that your exchange was being upgraded?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
arteento
Message 3 of 5

Thanks. We haven't received any emails but we do not know if we have an email address registered with BT or even a BT email address that we don't know about?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

when you joined BT broadband you would have received an email address *****@btinternet.com or  ******@btopenworld.com   Bt would normally send the emails to that address

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
arteento
Message 5 of 5

Yup there is no way we have any access to our BT email address. We've been with BT for years and have ever used it.
0 Ratings