cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grales
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Broadband driving me mad!!!! Major performance issues

I am despairing trying to play online learning videos that just time out because broadband seems to have performance problems.

Ever since BT engineer came and connected up a new neighbours house we have had nothing but problems.  I have phoned many times to complain, but never get any action.

It has become unbearable and looking at alternative options as cannot do my job with current level of service!!

Anyone from BT listening, please help!!   case number 130114-***** - please have a look or I am going elsewhere, this is impacting my career!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Broadband driving me mad!!!! Major performance issues

Can you please delete the reference number as it is personal to you and this is a public forum

Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html

once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

Thank You

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
grales
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Giving up on BT Broadband!!!! Impossible to work with slow speed

What do I have to do to get decent broadband speed!!!!

I am trying to work on global project and it's impossible.

Speed test show 2.55mbps out of a 7.15 maximum achievable.

I have turned off every wireless device in the house and am plugged directly into the ethernet connection to latest BT hub.

What is the problem BT???   I have logged issues, had calls and no one seems able to fix it!!!

How difficult can it be for gods sake.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Re: Giving up on BT Broadband!!!! Impossible to work with slow speed

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes run the diagnostic test and then post results.  this will show any download/througput problem  http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

may need to post router stats as well

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

Hi Welcome to the community forums

Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html

once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

Thank You

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
grales
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

is this a joke, I click on your link and get below......I am using BT Broadband, or at least that's what I pay for!!!

Sorry - You must be connected to BT Broadband or the BT network to use this website.
This is a private website for the benefit of BT Broadband customers who use the 
BT Customer Support Community
website, and is not connected with BT.

If you are visiting this site from a BT Broadband or BT Corporate connection, and are getting this message,
then please contact me via the BT Community forum, and tell me the date and time of your attempt.
Thanks
Keith Beddoe

0 Ratings
grales
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Last night download speed 2.55mbps, this morning 5mbps.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

@grales wrote:

is this a joke, I click on your link and get below......I am using BT Broadband, or at least that's what I pay for!!!

Sorry - You must be connected to BT Broadband or the BT network to use this website.
This is a private website for the benefit of BT Broadband customers who use the 
BT Customer Support Community
website, and is not connected with BT.

If you are visiting this site from a BT Broadband or BT Corporate connection, and are getting this message,
then please contact me via the BT Community forum, and tell me the date and time of your attempt.
Thanks
Keith Beddoe

Please could you visit this link, and I can check.

http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/information/ip.html

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

The only attemped accesses to my website at  08:10-08:17 this morning were from a BskyB customer, Verizon Ireland Limited, and an ISP in Belgium.

0 Ratings
ach2
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 11

Hi Keith,

If you are monitoring your web access, I tried the link this morning (forgot I needed to be on my BT line). I'm currently in Finland so this should have appeared - unless I'm routed through Belgium 🙂

0 Ratings