cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidjb
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Broadband dropping out.

Have been having connection issues with the broadband dropping out.I am on BT Infinity 2 so pages are supposed to load quicker.Sometimes the page loads quick,a lot of the time i am staring at a wee blue circle spinning round for a minute or two or i end up with a blank page.

I rang BT and got through pretty quickly to the Indian call centre.I explained the problemand it started of with there is a fault on my line and that she recommended an engineer.She said if the fault was outside the house i would not be charged but if it was inside the house i would be charged £29.99.Well i nearly went ballistic seeing as i have had at least four engineers out in three years.She then put the music back on and after a while she came back and said that there was no fault on my line but that my broadband was dropping out.She said she could go into the Hub5 and do whatvever it is without an engineer and told me it would take 24hrs to settle and she would ring me between four and five the next day.I have had a lot problems with BT and threatened to leave and all that but this time when my contract is up in December i am off.The thing that gets me is we pay through the nose for a service which means we are honouring our end of the contract but when BT are not in my eyes honouring their side of the contract by providing a service that seems very amateur at times they still expect us to pay up.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Broadband dropping out.

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection  btspeedtester

do you have an SSFP or can you connect to test socket with th a new filter 

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number wholesale FTTC check

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings