cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 31

Re: Broadband dropping repeatedly, two engineer visits: still not resolved

Craig or one of his colleagues will contact you personally within the next 3/5 days
0 Ratings
CraigS
Moderator-Retired
Message 22 of 31

Hi all,

Well it took me two more engineers to get this problem fixed.  The engineers managed to trace the problem back to a faulty joint and finally got this corrected, bit of trial and error was required to get to the bottom of this fault but the conenction has remained quite stable now for the last 4 days now so seems to be fixed 🙂

Cheers

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 31

@CraigS

update idea is greatthumbs up.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
janz1961
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 31

Craig's support was great:rather than having to go through everything repeatedly to the Help desk, he took ownership and followed through until it was sorted.  Each new engineer was older than the previous one and whether it was a coincidence or down to his experience (he had known my husband's father when he was an engineer for BT - and he retired 25 years ago!), the last one was very through and re-checked every joint back to the cabinet and (touch wood) the connection has been stable since then.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 31

a great result for the mod team again
0 Ratings
janz1961
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 31

Unfortunately the intermittent problem appears to have returned.  Had about 10 days of stable bb before a drop-out, which I thought was just a blip but since yesterday it has again been up and down like a yo-yo.  here are my latest stats: what I had noticed during the "stable" period was that the speed didn't go up as I had been told to expect, as the exchange should have automatically adjusted the SnR in recognition of the "stability".

Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 00:06:25
Downstream:11.89 Mbps
Upstream:828 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):9.4 dB / 11.6 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):27.9 dB / 16.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up):20.4 dBm / 12.6 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):377 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):1 / 375
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):5 / 9
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):23 / 11411
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 31

just leave the connection to stabilise an occasional disconnection can happen on some lines once you can maintain 3 days + stable connection the forum mods should be able to arrange a reset
0 Ratings
janz1961
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 31

Surely it would have stabilized within the first two weeks during which it only disconnected once after over 10 days (thinking back, I think the HH3 was showing 13 days connected before it had the blip)? We have now had two days of it being up and down - frequent disconnections followed by an hour or two of "stability".
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 31

as I posted providing you can maintain 3days + stable connection then the mods can get a noise margin reset carried out for you
0 Ratings
janz1961
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 31

Maybe I'm just being slow - but if the problem is that I'm NOT maintaining a stable connection (latest disconnection was 15 minutes ago - multiple disconnections last night), how CAN the moderators arrange a noise margin reset?  

I just want a stable BB connection.  At this stage, I'm not even THAT bothered about the speed - just screaming with frustration at the inability to rely on the availability of my broadband.

I'm paying through the nose for breaching my broadband limits every month - but am reluctant to change my contract and tie myself in for another set period until I know that this can be resolved.

0 Ratings