cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Broadband dropping when I answer or make a call

Good evening,

I have been having this problem for a couple of days now.

I am using the TPLINK TD-W8960N router

BT Hudson Plus phone

Whenever I receive or make a call my internet dropps out. My router is connected via an extension cord from the main phone socket in the house, I have replaced this extension and the DSL Filter but to no avail

I know you are supposed to be working on our exchange at some point to upgrade it to fiber optic but not sure when.

Any ideas as this is rather frustrating and I have to go back to the old ways of dial up and disconnect the house phone whenever I want to use my computer due to the annoying amount for foreign people trying to scam information out of me constantly calling.

I am in the PA4 postcode region

All the best

Graeme

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband dropping when I answer or make a call

it sounds like you have a high resistance joint this needs reporting as a phone fault on 151
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go directly to BT and although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

if you connect to test socket with a new filter and no extension does broadband still drop when making/receiving a call?  if so then report to 151 as john46 suggested

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings