cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Broadband drops out when phone rings

Go to solution

Hi,

I have recently completed some work in my home to add an extra slave socket in my living room to connect my router too via a microfilter, the cable for this was extended from an existing slave socket in another corner of the room, which now has just the telephone plugged into it, the issue i have is that the internet drops out whenever the phone rings or is answered. I have tried adding another microfilter to the phone connection but this caused the router to drop out completely, i then unplugged this new microfilter and left the phone completely unplugged but again this caused the router signal to be completely lost, so now i have to have the phones BT plug inserted into the socket or the internet wont work. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what the issue could be and where i should be looking?

Appreciate any guidance.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband drops out when phone rings

Go to solution

@jr2981 

Who provides your phone and broadband service?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Keith,

im have NOW Fast fibre at the moment, i appreciate this is a BT community but with the network being Open Reach's i thought this the best place to ask for help.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@jr2981 wrote:

Hi Keith,

im have NOW Fast fibre at the moment, i appreciate this is a BT community but with the network being Open Reach's i thought this the best place to ask for help.

Not really, as Openreach have nothing to do with BT Retail. Openreach is a separate company and now deals with most providers.

I assume you are with NowTV which is part of Sky?

Sky have their own phone network and exchange equipment, so that would be the best place to post.

If you have caused a fault on the network, then they are the only people who can ask Openreach to visit.

Try here.

https://community.nowtv.com/

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks, i wasn't aware sky had their own equipment in the exchanges now, ill repost on the now forum and hopefully someone can help.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@jr2981 wrote:

Thanks, i wasn't aware sky had their own equipment in the exchanges now, ill repost on the now forum and hopefully someone can help.

Sky have always been a LLU (Local Line Unbundling) provider, who just rent a pair of wires from Openreach. They have their own line tester and equipment to provide dial tone, installed within a BT Exchange building.

0 Ratings