cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 11 of 49

Re: Broadband drops out when raining

Go to solution

@NeilO An engineer has just been to the house and honestly I'm a little disappointed. Firstly you told me on Saturday that I would not need to be home, so it was just lucky that I was. Secondly, he had no notes of any of the previous engineer visits and said that he was only there to check the connection in the house, which unsurprisingly didnt show any faults! So clearly there is a miscommunication somewhere.

I obviously told him all the problems we have been having and that I was told I wouldn't need to be at home for when the engineer visited as the problem had been detected outside of the property. He didn't know about the fault you said you had found at the weekend or that we had an engineer out last week who worked on the wires on the telephone pole.

Once again I was told that the problem is most likely underground and that no one will be able to find it unless they come out when it is raining. I don't know how many times BT needs to be told that the problem is underground before you actually do something about it, I am completely fed up.

I am on a study week from university and need the internet to carry out research for assignments and my dissertation, I need this problem fixed ASAP and quite frankly feel it should have been fixed way before now.

If you need to call me to discuss anything, please use the landline as I have no mobile signal at home.

Sophie

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 12 of 49

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO, sorry I missed your call, yes the connection has been stable but obviously because the weather has been ok. I keep checking the forecast and it doesn't look like we're due any rain any time soon, which I guess is a good thing but annoying that it means the problem still can't be fixed!

I will keep checking and let you know if rain is due at any point, thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 49

Go to solution

Thanks @sophie1989 I'll check back with you in a couple of days but if anything changes in the meantime let me know by posting here.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 49

Go to solution

Hi @sophie1989 how have you found the connection over the last few days?

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 15 of 49

Go to solution
Hi @NeilO unfortunately it rained this morning and the connection dropped out. Wasn’t expecting any rain so couldn’t let you know and the forecast isn’t showing and further rain this week.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 49

Go to solution

@sophie1989 Thanks for letting me know, it's a pity we missed that.  I'll be in the office over the next couple of days so should the forecast change post back and I'll give you a call to organise something. 

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 17 of 49

Go to solution
Hi @NeilO, the weather forecast has changed and it is due to rain from around 4 this afternoon apparently, I don’t know if that helps. Doesn’t look like it’s going to rain again for a while!
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 49

Go to solution

Hi @sophie1989 I tried calling you there but missed you.  Sorry about yesterday I wasn't in the office but that would have been to short notice to get a visit organised.  My tests this morning have detected a line fault again so this has been reported to the engineers for further checks.  As before no appointment has been booked but they might call out in the next few days to check the line. 

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 19 of 49

Go to solution
Hi @NeilO
Yes sorry I’m at uni so can’t answer my phone, I did reply to the text I received saying this.
The only rain that is currently forecast for this week is the early hours of Saturday morning which again isn’t going to work for an appointment.
Will keep checking the weather and let you know. Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 49

Go to solution

@sophie1989 Sorry about that, sure we'll see how this latest fault report goes as the tests were picking up a fault on the line.

0 Ratings