Re: Broadband drops out when raining

Go to solution
@NeilO, ok I am on my mobile. Thanks
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 43 of 49

Go to solution
Hi @NeilO, just checked the weather forecast again and looks like Monday we are due rain all day, I am also at home all day so would be the perfect opportunity to get an engineer out if possible? Thanks, Sophie
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 44 of 49

Go to solution
@NeilO sorry I’ve missed your calls, it is exam week at uni so I have been pretty busy. The engineer did arrive on Monday but couldn’t complete the work as the snow was covering the ground too thickly so he couldn’t get to the underground cabling. He told me he would not sign the job off and would then return yesterday to carry out the work but would call me later on Monday to confirm. I never received a call and I’m guessing he didn’t return yesterday. I have no availability for the rest of this week due to exams so it will have to be next week now.
Additionally, the engineer once again had no background information of all the problems we’ve been having, please can you ensure whoever is sent next time knows the full picture?!
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 45 of 49

Go to solution
Hi @NeilO, just as another note, the broadband went down yesterday evening and I assume it was off most of the night as it was still not working this morning when I got up. It rained heavily throughout the night.
I know it isn’t really your fault but I’m getting very worried now that it isn’t going to be fixed any time soon. I have got to start writing my dissertation over my Christmas break and I cannot afford to have days where the internet is not working for me. Can we not get an engineer out to look at the underground wiring near the telephone pole which is where a previous engineer thinks the problem is?
0 Ratings
Message 46 of 49

Go to solution

@sophie1989 I just wanted to drop you a line to ask how the connection has been since the last engineer visit? I can't see any disconnections since the repair has been made so hopefully this is sorted. 

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 47 of 49

Go to solution
Hi @NeilO, the connection has been absolutely fine since the engineer visit but then again it hasn’t rained so I can’t say 100% that it has been fixed! Will let you know what happens when we get our next lot of bad weather.
0 Ratings
Message 48 of 49

Go to solution

@sophie1989 Ok, keep me posted. I'll be back in the office towards the end of next week. Merry Christmas Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 49

Go to solution

@sophie1989 Thanks for speaking with me today, I'm glad the repair appears to have resolved the problems with your connection and once again I'm sorry that this took longer than we would have liked to resolve.

0 Ratings