cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
h107474
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Broadband drops then cant even connect to HomeHub2 settings over Ethernet - All lights remain blue

I have intermittent drops like many people but then when it drops I can’t even connect to the HomeHub2 settings page. I usually just reset and its all ok but this can happen multiple times per day. It happens most regularly when downloading large files.

I am reasonably adept with IT so my instincts tell me it’s a hub fault. Perhaps exacerbated when thrashing it with downloads. Note this still happens with no load as it can be frozen when I get in from work. Sometimes if left it will come back to life on its own.

Also when it does drop all four lights on the hub are still solid blue for the duration.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
PheeragHfre
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband drops then cant even connect to HomeHub2 settings over Ethernet - All lights remain bl

Try performing a search using this Forum's search facility, maybe using the keyword "fragmentation" will help?

Also check the power management settings on your Ethernet adaptor.

It may also help if you check your motherboard/PC manufacturers website & or Ethernet manufacturers website for any updated bios/chipset/ethernet drivers.

"I have this awful feeling someone is watching every move I make (one of my pet hates is router location tagging)." Marvin (A paranoid Android)
0 Ratings
h107474
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband drops then cant even connect to HomeHub2 settings over Ethernet - All lights remain bl

Sorry I didn’t make myself clear. When it drops, all devices loose the internet. The wireless devices still say connected to the network but no internet. The laptop and smart phones loose all internet and can’t get to the hub settings page either. I just said the Ethernet PC is in the same boat to head off the usual "it’s a wireless issue" reply. That means it has to be the hub right?

It also happens when the Ethernet connected PC is off entirely and only smart phones and a laptop are using it wirelessly. Same symptoms. No internet, no response from 192.168.1.254 HomeHub settings and all blue light are on.

I have changhe my wired PC MTU to 1458 anyway.

0 Ratings