Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mic2904
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Broadband drops when call coming in?!

Hi,

hope anyone can help me here. For the last few months my bb line drops, when I receive a call on my landline?!

I have changed the filter already with no change at all?!

Markus

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband drops when call coming in?!

Welcome to the forum.

To enable forum members to help you, could you please read the web page that is shown below, which asks you to do a few checks first, and has some helpful hints.

When you have done that, please follow the instuctions at the end, and post the results here, so members can offer advice. Thank you.

Speed and disconnections

Also

Which type of master socket do you have?

One of these

NTE5_fl[1].jpg

Or one of these

LJU2_front[1].jpg

Or if you are lucky

One of these

adsl faceplate.jpg

0 Ratings
Mic2904
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

I have raised this issue with BT. I have connected the line to the master socket?! (Screwed the socket open).

Funny thing is that the BB line drops when I answer the phone and reconnects about 15 seconds after and is working fine afterwards...

Markus

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

If you have already raised the issue with BT, then you will now have to leave it with them now.

The idea behind these forums is to assist you with fault finding, and avoid a possible callout charge.

If BT cannot resolve the problem, then by all means return to the forum and provide the information requested on my help  page.

0 Ratings
rdc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

If BT cannot resolve the problem, then by all means return to the forum and provide the information requested on my help  page.

Particularly if your Broadband is through a service provider other than BT, you may never get an answer. We suffered this problem for nearly two years. It seemed to start when "Broadband Service Provider" upgraded their service and we only resolved it by switching the broadband to the household's other line.

My speculation as to what caused the problem is twofold:-

firstly dodgy wiring inside the house, installed by BT in a previous existence

or something wrong between the house and the local cabinet.

It was probably a bit of both as the line is now dead and Openreach can apparently only fix it by having their contractors dig up a local main road, complete with traffic lights.

0 Ratings