Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slammer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Broadband extenders flex 500

Hi all

Hoping someone can offer me some advice here.

I have some BT broadband extenders the flex 500 working in my home they work great but I have a second set and wanted to add one of them or maybe both of them to the current network.

I am trying to pair them with the main extender connected to the hub but they seem to pair for about ten minutes then drop out and the data light will not come back on unless I pair them again.

Does anyone know how I can get these to all work together am I missing something?

Thanks for reading.

Slam

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband extenders flex 500

0 Ratings
slammer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi Keith

Thanks for reply.

This looks like what I have done already but for some reason after ten minutes it seems to drop connection again.

In my Hub GUI I am unable to see more than two connected I know this used to hold historic info for what was connected so wondering if they have same device ids and conflicting with each other is this possible?

Sam

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

As long as the one connected to the home hub is the master, and all the others are slaved off that one, there should be no problems provided they are all of the same make, and there are no other powerline adapters connected to the mains wiring in your house.

0 Ratings
slammer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

All same make

Will give it another go when I get home this evening. would be great to get it all working around the home but frustrating when think I have it sorted and then it stops :S

Sam

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Try pairing them up while adjacent to each other, then move them. It could be just the way your mains wiring in the house is arranged, and there is to much signal loss to certain adapters.

It may be worth swapping the slave units around, as one might be more sensitive than another.

0 Ratings
slammer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

sigh tried again seems that the power light and data light both come on but after a bit the data light goes off and stays off tried a few sockets and two different adapters.

Anyone else had luck with this?

Sam

0 Ratings