cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Broadband forever dropping and crackling line

Hi, I'm new here.
I've been having some major problems getting a fault fixed. My infinity broadband which I've had six weeks is forever dropping out and hub flashing Orange. My line is also crackling horrendously and I can't hear anyone. When it does work it's only getting about 3mb download speed compared to 25mb before. The foreign call centre has let me down with two engineer appointments promised but not attended. They try and call me and the line is cracking badly as it has for a week now so I can't hear them properly. My Vodafone booster runs off the broadband so no mobile either most of the time. They now say the first engineer they can send is next Tuesday, 2 weeks from reporting.
Can anyone advise me where to go here and what the problem most likely is. If the infinity is working and I go to use the landline or someone calls, it causes the infinity to drop and flash Orange again. The day this went wrong an engineer put in an extra line next door and was up the telegraph pole, I'm guessing it's linked?
Any help would be appreciated, it's been quite painful with the call centres.
Pete
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband forever dropping and crackling line

Report it as a voice fault DO NOT mention broadband.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband forever dropping and crackling line

Mate i have had infinity for about 8 months now was great to start maybe 4 weeks ago when the phone would go the router would reset and the line had a bad sound so called bt but as always there coustomer service is shocking took me over 2 weeks to tell them there was a line fault but as they said they done a test and it was fine so after all the calls ect they sent a bt engineer out who said he fixed it no about 1hour after he left boom of it went again so back on to bt another 3 4 days of calls they send another one out for him to find that the line had corrosion under the ground so he fixed it and now my uptime has been 7 days without any drop bt just dont want to send pepole there always right but really there always wrong how anyone can tell a possible problem when there in india is beyond me so be ready to go through weeks of bull

0 Ratings