Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kati3
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Broadband from BT

Go to solution

We ordered the BTHob4 from the BT, we had sky but we want to keep watching the MotoGP and no other choice, we have to have the BTsport. We had Sky - previous O2 - for 5 years and never had any trouble.

It arrived on 31th March, 7 days ago. I set it up, didn't start but I read on the paper work it's can take 24 hours so we were waiting. Next morning nothing.

1st April, I called the customer service, they did some test but still flash orange light I got for anwser at our trouble, engineer work, we have to wait an extra 24 hours. Of course! Next morning still not working broadband

2nd April, I called the BT again, another test, plug in, out, switch off, on etc. No success. The newer anwser, some trouble in our phone line and will repair at 3rd April. Okay, nothing to do, we will wait. I got a confirmation message at my mobile at 17.00 on 3rd April everything will be fine. Great!

3rd April evening, still not internet, I called the customer service again, test, switch off, on etc. Nothing changed but they are checking. The newest repair date is 8th April. What??? The customer service told me our phone line needs to update because we didn't have internet connection before on our land line. What??? We had sky for 5 years and we had to get the code from the Sky and gave to the BT. But I got a confirmation message 🙂 An engineer turned up before 5pm without any notice, luckily I was home, let him in. The hob is in the right place, connected well, he went out check the outside line and will come back to let me know what the problem is. He is still coming ... left without any words. I got a call from BT after 7pm, another test, switch off, on and still not internet, they didn't even known their engineer was here!!! Please wait about 2 mins and we call you back and let you know what the next step is. I still wait for that.

4th April Saturday, my partner gave them a call on his only one day off, talking to a very helpful person, she is listening and kind. Allen gave her the full story and she promised a call back. We still didn't get it.

5th April Sunday, I called the BT as a daily habit and bocked for a repair job at 8-12pm on 9th April but if the problem is not in the BT equipment we have to pay for the repair. What???

If the BT engineers over bust our phone line or inside the socket box burnt out something when they tried to connect the new hob, who is responsible?

I wait the BT visit tomorrow.

Hope other people haven't got same experiences if you have, please contact me.

Kati

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband from BT

Go to solution

Hi Kati3,

Thanks for posting and welcome.

I'm sorry for the problems you're having with your service.  If you're still having these issues I'm happy to help from here. Drop me an reply back on here and I'll give you steps you can use to come through to us and we'll get you sorted.

Cheers

Robbie

0 Ratings
Kati3
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Dear Robbie,

Thank you for the reply. I loged in with my facebook page maybe this is not the best way. I try to log in with register myself because I would like to let you know the newest part of our BT story.

Kati

0 Ratings
Kati3
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Dear Robbie,

I tried to register but I already used my email address so I am not able to log in only on the same way. I am happy to contact you and give you more personal informations as our phone number if you would give me other contact details.

What I wanted to let you know:

The BT engineer came to our home yesterday 9th April. He changed our old sucket and checked I connected the hub on the correct way. I did. He said the filter is already inside in the old sucket may this is why the hub doesn`t work, I told him I tried already without the filter one of the customer service person told me to do it but the result was the same. He said it will take a while about 10 minutes until the internet will settle and should start. He left. The power light was orange and flashing that time. I was waiting and 15 minutes later the broadband light got red and the povwer light kept flashing again as in the last 9 days.

I called the BT, line checking as normal and I got a new VOL number and promised to get a new hub tomorrow. I disconnected the privious one and put in the original box.

The new hub arrived today early afternoon. I told the Parcel Force delivery guy he should wait a bit because he has to take away the old parts I just have to swop the hubs and give him back. I went inside but at the time I went out again he left. It was about 2 minutes. I went for my landline phone for calling the BT, the phone dials the number but not connection, no line. It was unusual.

I set up the new hub, 3 minutes and the light was blue without any trouble. I checked on my laptop, the internet is working. Hurray!!! But where is our phone line?

I called the BT from my moblie, test on the phone line, asked me to take off the sucket cover, I have done but our phone is not working. I am waiting for an appointment for the engineer to come to check the phone line and I will take the old hub to the post office tomorrow.

We have finaly internet but not phone line. Should I cry or laught? Why can`t we get both as it was when we used the Sky?

Dear Robbie, please contact me

Kati

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Kati3,

I'm really sorry about the problems with your service and we will be happy to help you get this sorted.  Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You'll find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

You must be logged into forum otherwise you would not be able to post. The contact us link is here. 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Kati3
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Dear Neil,

I wrote for you how you told me, hope you got every detail and hopefully you are going to make the magic. Smiley Very Happy

Kati

0 Ratings