cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 15

Re: Broadband goes off if more than one device connected

if you can and it does not cause you problems. it does mean your extensions don't work.

you could buy a filtered faceplate which replaces the detachable bottom half and allows you to connect the extension wires to new bottom half while the broadband connection is filtered  like this original.jpg

you no longer require filters on any of your sockets after fitting filtered faceplate but router will only work in this new socket

can you run btspeedtester to see how your profile is after the changes

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
evansyonnais
Beginner
Message 12 of 15

hi - i have moved the modem to another soket an the adsl readings were much better than 160 kbps (D/stream 5184 u/stream 448)

i have done the bt speed test and here are the results

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1880 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :5184 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps

is this as good as it will get?  sorry for being so thick but i understand very little

cheers

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 15

wherever you moved from gives a better connection and speed 6mb+ whereas this socket is only 5184.  if you can I would stay with previous socket.

your profile is rock bottom at 135 due to your 160 speed before so just remain connected 24/7 for 3/5 days and your profile will increase which will bring a significant increase in download speed  http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/IPprofile.htm

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
evansyonnais
Beginner
Message 14 of 15

the previous socket was the test socket and meant the phone line did not work - what is a 'profile' exactly?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 15

Hi Have a look at this link it explains all about IP profiles http://kitz.co.uk/adsl/IPprofile.htm and may help you understand the subject
0 Ratings