cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Duffy1989
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Broadband has gone down at the same time for the past 3 days

I am a Bt customer with FTTP with dl speeds of 72mb/s and ul speeds of 20mb/s. I have had this for no longer than a month.

On Friday 26 Aug 16, around 1600 hrs, my broadband disconnected for no reason. I reset my hub to no avail. I had a look online to see if there were any issues reported in my area, to whcih there were none.

I called BT and the operator ran me through resetting my hub properly and he hecked my connection from his end. He couldnt find any issues wih my broadband and said it was working at his end. The restart of my modem did nothing and an engineer was booked to come out on Tuesday 30 Aug16.

About 2230 hrs that day, my broadband connection reestablished itself and karma was restored. It was running at full speed with no issues.

About 1600 hrs on Saturday 27 Aug 16. It went down again. I knew this wasnt a coincidence, but i tried the reset procedure and left it at that. Again, at around 2230 hrs that night. It came back on, no issues

Today, it happened again. Tried the reset procedure. Nothing. Even tried pressing the hidden reset buttom. No change.

I tried to give bt a call but after almost 40 minutes on hold i hung up. I spoke with an operator on live chat who couldnt really help as he was FTTC.

What i find strange is that my BT Tv box is plugged in to the hub, and following turning my hub on and off it said it had connected to the internet, but wouldnt work. My xbox said it was still connected to he intenet but i couldnt run anyhing online and when i tried to get my connection details nothing happened. I also did a speed test on my phone, i managed to get a ping of around 50 ms and then when it tested dl speed it shot to 4mb/s and shot straight back to 0, then on upload it shot to 20mb/s then straight to 0, all in less than 2 seconds. Surely if my broadband was down this wouldnt happen right?

Has his happened to anyone else? Is there anything i can do to fix this issue? Does anyone know what the issue is? The problem i have is the engineer is scheduled for 8-1 and the internet will no doubt be working at that time and i dont think his issue will be resolved.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
ellish76
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband has gone down at the same time for the past 3 days

I have had a similar problem too since Friday. The Internet has been up and down and there is nothing I can do about it. I have a home hub 5 and am on BT infinity. I haven't phoned BT but will be tomorrow. Not happy.
0 Ratings
Duffy1989
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband has gone down at the same time for the past 3 days

What times does your internet normally shut off at? Mine came back on today at around 2030 hrs, which is two hours earlier than normal.
0 Ratings