cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mwithey
Message 1 of 2

Broadband ,infinity,

Having contacted bt many times regarding my speed of 1 and sometimes .88 I am struggling to get my new smart tv to work. I have done the check and barnstaple exchange are AO, accepting orders, it's strange that some people have it but not us who are about 2 mile from the exchange, however I have been told that if you get the village to complain by a list then they will react quicker and upgrade the green box. Is this a true fact??? Is 1 level of signal acceptable and what is the other faster option you talk about. Thanks
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Broadband ,infinity,

Within an exchange area there will be some customers who can't get BT Infinity. There are several reasons why this could be the case:

Your phone line may be connected directly to the telephone exchange and not to a local street cabinet.
Your line may be too far from the local street cabinet to have a stable BT Infinity service.
Your local street cabinet may not be suitable for fibre optic cables.
We haven't yet got the council's planning permission to do the necessary work at your local street cabinet.
So, even though you may be within an enabled exchange area, it's possible that your particular line may not be able to have BT Infinity yet.

The availability checker at www.bt.com/infinity has the latest detail about what speed your line can provide.

0 Ratings