cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nath1993mito
Beginner
Message 11 of 17

Re: Broadband is either rather slow or disconnects randomly

I had 2 filters delivered with the hub. As requested by bt customer support I have tested both whilst being connected to the test socket and whilst being connected as it normally should be,  there was no speed or connection improvements during both these stages.

As for my noise margin, what do I do ifI phone BT support and get advised to do a hub reset? Will that make the 3 days reset back to another 3 days? Will the connection dropping reset the duration as well? And what do I do about being unable to use my broadband?  I have paid for the service which I'm currently not receiving.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 17

please now stay away from telephone support if needed the forum mods will take up your problem just stay here on the forum you will get the best help here
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 17

You need to connect to test socket and leave it with no resets. If you do connect to test socket then repost your stats.  Any reset or connection drop will restart you timescale

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
nath1993mito
Beginner
Message 14 of 17

Screenshot_2015-07-17-17-23-40.pngScreenshot_2015-07-17-17-23-23.png

This is from when I got in, doing this on my mobile data yet again as the I ternet isn't working what so ever...

Will also post stats when I can fianally do it

0 Ratings
nath1993mito
Beginner
Message 15 of 17

Screenshot_2015-07-17-17-30-59.png

This and the previous reply are whilst connected to the test socket 

0 Ratings
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 17

The helpdesk stats show you have no broadband service being detected by the router, not even a line attenuation figure is reported. EDIT: Just noticed you already posted the stats.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 17

does your home phone work ok? 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings