Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Broadband issue any help/advice please

Hello
Anyone offer and advice??
Recently moved over to BT (less than a month) and have had the odd drop in BB service but was expecting it while it settled.
Anyway - since yesterday it has been dropping out and today nothing at all. Spoke to the call line and they say 99% sure outside the property but no engineer til Thursday!!!
My question is ..... There is actually no light on box at all. Before I have seen different colour lights but today nothing. Now I'm sure that that must be a box issue not an external one but they haven't suggested changing the box. Is it likely that is a BB issue of the box doesn't even light up??????
Thanks
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Broadband issue any help/advice please

have you got a dial tone on your phone
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

Yes - no issues with phone at all
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

it sounds like a broadband fault that will need an engineer visit to resolve
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 14

The phone is fine it's the box - it's got to be the box? Hasn't it? No lights means no action 😭😭
4 days for an engineer = 5 days no internet. My husband is supposed to work from home mon/tues this week for childcare issues!!
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 14

If the box is displaying no lights WHATSOEVER I'd also say surely that's a box issue, maybe a power fault or something ? However I wouldn't take my word, ring BT and discuss it.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

Yeah no lights had a brief green one this morning but nothing at all since. Tried different sockets off/on etc.
I may be a bit not techno but surely even if it's a bb fault it would be orange or something???
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

That's what the book of words that comes with most hubs says. Just looked at mine and no lights is a power fault, but it may be different in your case. I read yesterday, elsewhere on this forum though and a BT site I believe (can't 100% recall) that if you do send back a faulty box, and it isn't faulty, they charge for a new one or to send it back. Id exhaust all options before trying to send it back if that's the case. John46 could probably explain more.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

not always even if the hub was faulty it would take 4/5 days for a replacement to arrive and the engineers carry spares anyway
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

God really! Fairly poor service so far, not even been a month yet and already had 2 engineers in install day! 5 days is a lot of time without internet these days isn't it. Especially with 3 children and homework etc. Am I right in thinking some of the youview functions won't work??
0 Ratings