Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuspeceDevice
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Broadband issue?

Go to solution
On Tuesday I noticed my broadband went off and wouldn't restart.
The DSL light was flashing on the open reach modem and the orange/ red light on the HH3 was also flashing.
I also noticed slight noise on the phone line.
This lasted from 2pm till 9pm when everything started to work normally again.
Today the same thing - 10am till 8pm
I was just wondering if it is indeed a broadband issue or a line fault as I have arranged for an engineer to visit on Friday as a line fault.
As I said, I can hear slight noise on my line during the broadband outage but in previous noise on the line issues I have had, the broadband has kept on working.
As usual the helpline could not see any problem with the line and the broadband helpline wanted to monitor it for another 24 hours. How they monitor it when it's not even working I don't know.
Basically I could do without being charged for the engineer visit if it is indeed a broadband issue and not a line fault.
Sorry for the wall of text

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
clairelouise2
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband issue?

Go to solution

you will only get charged if it is your own equipment causing the problem.. 

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Have you tried connecting to the test socket as that will eliminate any possible internal wiring issues and also reduce the risk of a charge being raised
0 Ratings
SuspeceDevice
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

The engineer came today and found it to be an outside fault so all is good, however my broadband speed has fallen drastically.

From 75/40 down - 18 up ethernet/wireless to 24 down - 4 up

As the Open Reach modem was constantly disconecting the last three days, will it just be a case of waiting a few days to let it sort itself out?

many thanks

john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
all you need to do is leave the connection alone for up to 2 weeks and once the DLM see the line as stable again it should start to rise again
SuspeceDevice
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks john46
0 Ratings